Monday, April 6, 2015

My Monday Morning Ritual

Happy Monday! I've decided it's time everyone stops beating up on Monday - just because it's the first day of the week and the end of the weekend doesn't mean it's all bad! It also means a fresh start and an opportunity to get ahead of all your work for the week!


In order to show you how awesome Monday's can be, I'm going to share my Monday Morning Ritual with you (:

Step 1: Wake Up! Every Monday I try to wake up around 8 AM. I know it sounds early but rarely do I go to bed super late on Sunday and if I wake up early, I feel less rushed getting ready.

Step 2: Caffinate! I get up and make myself a cup of coffee. Another perk of my 8 AM wake up call is that I can actually sit down and enjoy my cup of coffee in a real mug and listen to Spotify's Morning Acoustic. There is no better way to start your week! 


Step 3: Get ready! By 8:45, I try to be up and in the shower. I always put together a decent outfit for Mondays. Ditch the yoga pants (or running shorts) and put on a pair of jeans if nothing else! You'll feel so much more productive. 

Step 4: Plan your week! After I'm ready (and usually while on my second cup of coffee), I sit down and look at my planner and map out my week. What nights do I have meetings? When am I going to the gym? What tests do I have? Once I know the big things I have to get done in the week, I make a list of all the little things that have to be done by Friday. Then I know what to work on when I have some free time. 



Step 5: Make lunch! Shame on me but I'm not a breakfast eater but I always take my lunch to campus on Mondays. I have a long (3 and a half hour) break between my classes and I try to always go to the library to get started on the small tasks that I have to do. When I take my lunch, I don't feel tempted to procrastinate and go find food else where in places I know I'll run into sisters. 

Step 6: Go to class! Your first class on Monday is always the hardest class to get to because it marks the official end to the weekend but once you make it, your other ones are easier to get to. 


How do you do Monday mornings? We'd love to hear in the comments! 



No comments:

Post a Comment