Monday, August 18, 2014

How to Organize Your Planner

The first day of classes is vastly approaching, for some people classes may have already started. With a new school year in gear, it's important to stay organized and the tool I use most to keep organized is my planner! Here are my tips & tricks to using your planner efficiently!
Organizing Planner Pic


Start with a to-do list on a sticky note, random piece of paper, whatever. I find it easier to put assignments on a to-do list and then in the weekly section of my planner, I write the assignment down on the day I want to complete it and again on the day it is due.

I use a color coding system that is really simple:
Due Dates
Sorority Events
And then I use a blue or black pen to write down everything else.
I find using a color code system is really helpful if you keep it simple like this. I tried using multiple colors and it just confused me but do what works for you!

Make it Fun! If your planner is colorful and fun to look at you'll be drawn to use it more. This year I bought my first Lilly Planner (the one in the picture above!) & I am absolutely in love with it. Use stickers (Lilly has some Greek themed planner stickers), washi tape, the whole nine. Like I said, the colors will make using your planner more appealing.

What planner did you get this year? How do you organize it?

No comments:

Post a Comment