Monday, November 17, 2014

5 Things to Look Forward to Over Thanksgiving Break

I don't know about you but this week before Thanksgiving feels like the longest week of the semester. Some would argue that the week before the end of the semester is worse but honestly, we have finals so I don't think it even compares to this week where you don't feel productive at all.

One thing that almost always helps me get through long days or long weeks are things to look forward to! Here are the top 5 things (though there are countless more) that I am looking forward to next week.

1. Seeing my family. I haven't been home since the beginning of August and let me tell you that it is so incredibly rough. I have plans to shop with my sister, catch up on favorite TV shows with my dad and my mom and I are hair salon bound the day I get home.


2. Catching up with old friends. My two closest friends go to a different school and while we try to see each other during the semester, somehow our schedules never seem to align. I use my week home for Thanksgiving to spend time with people I love. 

3. Going shopping on Black Friday. For those of you that don't know, the shopping in Statesboro is essentially obsolete. I can't wait to take advantage of my mall back home to find a dress or two for winter date nights and a few comfy power outfits for finals.

4. Eating all the incredible food. It's Thanksgiving. Enough said. 


5. Saying no to school work. Now unfortunately, I will have to do a little bit of studying for finals but I am looking forward to vegging out instead of blistering my fingers in the library. Hello Netflix, here I come. 


2 comments:

  1. Great list! I'm super excited for Black Friday too. I just wrote a post on Black Friday essentials today!

    xoxo
    Kimberly | Kimberly's Chronicle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will definitely check out your post! Thanks Kimberly!

      Delete