Friday, November 21, 2014

What to Wear to Meet the Parents

Thanksgiving week is the perfect time to meet your new boy's parents and have him meet your family. I remember when I was meeting my boyfriend's parents for the first time, I was so unsure of what to wear so I stressed all afternoon. I did what all of us would do and I asked my boyfriend. Naturally, he told me what ever I wore would be fine but that was absolutely no help at all. Fear not though because I am here to help!

I have compiled 3 outfits that are perfectly appropriate to meet the parents in. I hope something here is perfect for your outing with his family!

For the first outfit, grab a basic button down, Polo or otherwise, and tuck it into a skater skirt. Don some tights and throw on some basic boots. For the final touch, add a sparkly accent necklace to make this outfit perfect for a dinner out.


For the second outfit, start with skinny jeans and a loose oversized sweater. Add a quilted vest and fluffy scarf to keep it comfy and warm. With a pair of booties, this outfit is perfect for a bonfire
For your last outfit, start with a t-shirt dress in a fall color. Make it a bit warmer with a long cardigan. Add some tall socks and a pair of boots. With some big earrings, this is a great outfit for dinner at his house. The socks make it perfect to take off your shoes if that's how your SOs parents roll.


Any of these outfits are also perfect for dinner with your family or families of any of your friends!

2 comments: